Wednesday 10 September 2008

The drivers: Steve W, Jon S and Phil S

In the 'last but not least' category come our three drivers, Steve, Jon and me. The drivers will have to ferry this whole endeavour from one end of the country to the other, employing hitherto-unknown depths of navigational sills, planning and diplomacy with a bunch of highly strung and/or knackered cyclists.

Steve and Jon clearly never heard the motto of the Armed Forces: "Never Volunteer For Anything." They did, and were surprised when we bit their hands off. That'll teach 'em.

And as for me, surrounded as I was by people setting off to do this, I really had no choice. At least, as you can see from the final photo, I'm not one of those embarrassing Brummies.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now that is a rather good t-shirt :-)